Saturday, March 3, 2018

Family Weekend Getaway

When my friend Margot told me she was getting married at a ski resort, I couldn't wait to make a weekend of it with Dan. I pictured how romantic it would be: roaring fires, cozy lodge, drinks and dancing. While the kids-free vision didn't quite work out, we had some really great family moments, including Zahara's first time skiing!


The lodge was only around an hour and a half away from our house, so it was an easy trip up. We got there Friday afternoon and checked out the gorgeous property. I took Z swimming while the boys went to explore. Later, while Dan was putting Ash to bed (in the bathroom of our hotel room), I took Z to the welcome reception.

The next morning we put Z in skiing school! There was a daycare center on the mountain where we could have left Asher, but the wedding started at 4:30, so I didn't think we had enough time for Dan and I to ski too. Instead, we did a half-day program for her, which meant she got two hour-long sessions plus lunch. We went out to watch her (she couldn't see us), and it was amazing! She took right to it! I'm not saying she's the next Olympian, but it was really amazing watching her gear up, get out there, and tackle something new. She LOVED it! Her only complaint about the experience is that she didn't get to go on the chair lift. She had to be able to stop on her own three times before she could ride it to a taller part of the hill, and unfortunately time ran out. Next time!



Meanwhile, after we checked out  Z, we took Asher swimming. He loved the warm water!



The bride and groom very generously arranged for childcare during the wedding. It was such an intimate, beautiful wedding. I loved absolutely everything about the decor (glam winter lodge); the music (90s jams); and the food (breakfast for dinner)!




Cheers to the bride and groom and another successful family vacation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment