Monday, July 3, 2017

Reliving my Childhood

So...I went to go see New Kids on the Block, Paula Abdul, and Boyz II Men last week!! I know! I can hardly believe it myself! I'm sure half of you are rolling your eyes and the other half are insanely jealous. I bought the tickets way back when I was still on maternity leave with Asher, and I've been looking forward to this ever since.


A few friends and I made a night of it. We started with sangria, guacamole, and Mexican food. Margot rightly pointed out that the entire restaurant, which was directly across the street from the concert venue, was filled with women in their 30s. Not a single man in sight. Everyone was headed to the concert!



We had terrible seats--literally the last row in the entire center. We were touching the back walls. But, you know what? It was still awesome. The big screens were great and we could still see the majority of action on the stages.

We got there just a few minutes late and sadly missed Boyz II Men's opening number: Motown Philly. The rest of their set was awesome though! It really brought me back to my adolescence where I listened to Cooleyhighharmony on repeat. Such great music!

Next up was Paula Abdul. Man, she has still got it! She had six songs and six costume changes! Her dancing was incredible. I was really wowed by her. And I love that she sang all of her best classics, like Do You Love Me and Opposites Attract.


New Kids on the Block was really fun too. They really played to their audience. Full 90's dance moves, tons of pelvic thrusts, lots of washboard abs.


I was surprised that I didn't know as many songs as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, I still knew a ton--and they brought back great memories--but NKOTB was a lot more prolific than I remembered. They put on a fantastic show. We were dancing, singing, and generally making fun of ourselves for being such nerds. What an awesome experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment