Monday, January 9, 2017

Chanukah in Dallas

This year we celebrated Chanukah in Dallas with my family. My mom, dad, sister, aunt, and uncle all live there, and my grandparents flew in from San Antonio. It was amazing to have the whole family together for such a happy occasion.


Just like they did for Zahara, my parents threw a "meet the baby" party for Asher. It was a great way for all of my parents friends to meet our newest guy. When my parents make friends, they do it for life. Some of them have been friends for more than 50 years! A lot of my parents friends are from their college days and have been around my entire life. It's great that they have such a community.




We spent most of our time in Dallas eating (what else is new?) and just relaxing. My mom was recovering from spinal surgery so it forced us to slow down and just enjoy our time. It was actually pretty nice not having to run around all the time.

We did have one really active evening though. Bradi got a groupon for a trampoline park and we had a blast! At first Zahara was pretty hesitant about it, but by the end she was jumping like a champ. We really loved the kid's zone where we could run the length of the trampoline and bounce against the wall. Dan, Bradi, and I even played dodge ball, which was a hilarious display of our "athleticism."


Spending time with my grandparents was a real highlight. Seeing them with their two great-grandchildren will never get old.

Here are some more highlights from the trip:

Visiting with Family

Seeing Old Friends


Celebrating Chanukah


Cat Pajamas
My mom got us matching pajamas! They are hilarious, adorable, and surprisingly comfortable. It's not the first time we've matched. Hope we continue this tradition!


No comments:

Post a Comment