Monday, October 24, 2016

Ogunquit, Maine

I can finally check off another state: Maine! For around ten years now I've been asking Dan to take me to Maine during "leafing season." He grew up in the Northeast where the change of seasons brings glorious colors to all the foliage. I, on the other hand, grew up in Texas where there barely is a change of season, much less any color associated.


I finally got my wish and it was worth the wait! We had gorgeous weather and the kids did great. Sidenote: I still can't get used to saying kids, as in I have more than one! This was Asher's first flight and he was a champ. Our flight was ridiculously early on the day after Rosh Hashanah and both Dan and I were sick. So, it wasn't the best start to the trip, but Z and A were amazing. Zahara loved going in the Uber in her pajamas.



It was before noon when we landed so we had plenty of time to drive the 45 minutes to Ogunquit for lunch. This small town is known for the gorgeous sea views and stunning Marginal Way trail. We had fish tacos and a fish sandwich at the Lobster Shack. The fish was really fresh and good, but the potato salad and coleslaw stole the show. The lobster looked amazing too, but what do I know?




After a brief walk on Marginal Way, we drove a couple of hours to Rockland for dinner and ice cream before heading to our cottage in Lincolnville. I am sure this cottage would be great in other circumstances, but it was a terrible night for everyone. We were all exhausted, and half of us were sick, and the place was freezing. Thankfully, the trip only got better from here.  

Read more about our trip to Maine:
Camden

1 comment: