Wednesday, July 27, 2016

40 Weeks!


Dates: July 20- July 27

Baby is the Size of a: mini-watermelon (approximate length and weight: 20 inches, 7+ pounds)

How I'm Feeling: I'm good, but a little achy. That's not surprising since I'm now a week past my due date. I'm feeling lots of cramps, dull aches, and contractions, but nothing productive yet. I got kind of excited the other night because I had a few contractions in a row, but sadly, it didn't lead anywhere. Baby will come when he's ready.

Other than physical symptoms though, I'm feeling awesome! My in-laws have been SO helpful! They've completely taken charge and have been great with Zahara. It's such a relief to be able to relax and just try and enjoy these last days.

How I'm Changing: Just when I thought I couldn't get any bigger, I am still growing! I'm up around 35 pounds now, which is 7 more pounds than with Zahara. But, thankfully, it's still pretty much all belly (and a little swelling in my feet). My rings still fit though and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm just making a nice little home for baby.

What I'm Eating: As I hoped, I've been eating tons of delicious Russian food that my mother-in-law has been making. Vinegret, lula kabob, syrniki, all sorts of delicious salads she just throws together with whatever's in the fridge. It's been awesome.

What the Baby is Doing: Whoever said that babies slow down toward the end and don't move as much clearly has never met my kids. This baby is just as active as he's been since I could first feel him at 13 weeks. Maybe he's just getting all his energy out now so he can sleep perfectly once he's out. Ha!

Read about my first pregnancy:
My Pregnancy
Week 40



No comments:

Post a Comment