Sunday, June 26, 2016

Two Holidays Celebrating One Great Guy

This year Father's Day and Dan's birthday fell on the same day--June, 19. What a great opportunity to show our guy how much we love and appreciate him.

We had a very low key day, doing exactly what Dan wanted. Parents of young kids will appreciate his greatest wish--to have alone time. I totally get it. A little peace and quiet, reading a book with just words and no pictures, and ending a meal without finger smudges all over your clothes: tell me that doesn't sound amazing.

The day started on a high note when Zahara let us all sleep in until past 10:00. That gave Dan a chance to workout (starting the year off right!), and for me to make him a big breaky. I made sausage, fried eggs, baked beans, and sauteed mushrooms, with a side of mango, cherries, and watermelon.


Then we opened gifts. I made Dan a photo book documenting the last three years of fatherhood. I have to admit I cried happy tears as I made the book. He's just such a great dad and I can't wait to see him with our second little one.



Zahara "made" her daddy a sheet with fun questions and answers. She may have had some help. I love how funny and creative her answers were.


Questions:
My dad's name is: Dan
He is 3 years old
He is as big as mummy (side note: I may have taken a little offense at this one)
He has brown hair and green eyes (actually, they are brown)
His favorite food is spaghetti and meatballs and cheese (umm...not in our kosher house!)
His favorite color is brown
He likes to go to the beach and pool
For fun he likes to look at letters, maybe
My favorite thing to do with my dad is cook meals like pancakes
I love my dad because he gives me pizza and the pineapple of his pizza. That's why my daddy is special to me (This was one time last week when I wanted pineapple on my pizza and Dan didn't, so he gave Z his pineapple. Apparently it made a huge impression)

It was certainly more relaxed that previous birthdays, but it was just what he needed. Here's to the next 100 years, Dan! We love you!

See some of Dan's previous birthday celebrations:

No comments:

Post a Comment