Sunday, July 19, 2015

Zahara's Second Birthday Party

I've heard from multiple sources that when planning a party for  a two-year-old, the mantra should be "keep in simple stupid." Toddlers are not known for their love of sharing, so inviting a host of babies into their space to play with their toys may not be the best idea. With that in mind, we planned a small barbecue at our local playground with just a few friends. It actually went pretty well!


A couple of things really helped: the tents and the water table. Zahara pretty much stayed at the water table the entire time. 



I have a tendency to go overboard with party planning, but I reigned myself in this year. I don't have nearly as much free time now that I'm working again, and I knew that time would be better spent elsewhere. I simply reused bunting I made for Dan's 30th birthday and for Zahara's first birthday. I think it still looked pretty festive.

I made cute little party favors from goodies we found a the Dollar Store. I used paint pens to draw a little elephant on each bag, and stuffed them with a couple of race cars, a squishy football and a box of chalk.  



We kept the food simple too: hot dogs and hamburgers and all the fixings. For dessert we ate rainbow cupcakes and watermelon.



Dan's parents and sister came in town to help celebrate. We extended the party for one more week when my parents came in town. Zahara is so lucky to have so many friends and family who love her.


Sure, there were a few tantrums, but overall, everyone seemed to have a great time. I can't believe my little baby is already 2. Happy birthday Zoey Jane!


Read about Zahara's other birthdays:
Zahara's First Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment