Monday, April 20, 2015

Crock-Pot Freezer Meals

Today is my first day of work! To make the transition as easy as possible I spent last week prepping some crock-pot freezer meals that I can make for dinners over the next few weeks. I only recently learned about crock-pot freezer meals where you put all the raw ingredients into a Ziplock bag and store it in the freezer until it is time to cook; I thought I'd give it a whirl. Of course I took to Pinterest to find some good recipes.

I found a ton of great recipes from the New Leaf Wellness site. This site is the best for a beginner. The author has great tips on how to get started, delicious recipes and even shopping lists.

Here is what I made:





They were incredibly easy to make. I even made a printable label so that I what's what. Feel free to use it for your own freezer meals.


 I can't vouch for how they taste yet, but I'll keep you posted.

Update 1:
I made the honey sesame chicken and it was delicious. I thawed the bag the night before in the fridge and dumped it all in to the crockpot in the morning. It couldn't have been easier. The chicken shredded during cooking, so I just gently pulled it apart when it was done and served it over a bowl of rice. The only downside is that the dish cooks cook for around 4.5 hours, so it isn't really a dish I can make while at work. Still, it's easy and tasty and I'll definitely be making it again.

Update 2:
The pot roast was marginally successful. It was super easy. I forgot to thaw the bag the night before so I threw the whole thing in the crockpot frozen. The directions say to cook for 10-12 hours, so I started at 10.5 and decided to see how it went. The meat pulled right apart with a fork but it was a little dry. I loved the flavor though and thought they would make the perfect filling for tamales. Turns out, I was right! I will definitely make the recipe again, if only to make tamales. I'll post the recipe soon.

2 comments:

  1. these sound so yummy and such a good idea...I even think that I could make them!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mom! I'll let you know how it tastes!

    ReplyDelete