Monday, October 27, 2014

Date Night

Last week marked a huge milestone in my life: it was the first night I've spent away from Zahara since she was born. In the 15+ months that she's been alive, I have been there every single day and night. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love being her mum and really do cherish our time together. But, let's be honest, I needed a night out with my husband.


It's not that I didn't want to leave Zahara earlier, but logistics made it impossible. Until very recently I lived across an ocean from any family. Even now, we're still a plane ride away from both sets of grandparents. Luckily for us, my wonderful in-laws came to visit last week and let us have a night to ourselves. 

A little blurry, but focused on what counts: the drinks

Zahara was amazing! She was the perfect baby, is what my mother-in-law said! As for Dan and I, we had an incredible night out. We went to a movie (Gone Girl--LOVED IT!), out to dinner and drinks; and even stayed in a hotel. Pure luxury!


Though we were only a 15-minute drive away, and we were gone for less than 18 hours, this was a huge step forward. It was a practice run for when we leave next month on a four-night cruise! Hooray for grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment