Sunday, April 20, 2014

A Day at the Farm

Happy Passover and Easter to you! Dan, Zoey and I spent last week in Paris with my parents and I can't wait to tell you all about it. But first, let me tell you about the day we spent at a working farm a couple of weeks ago.


I've said it before and I'll say it again, springtime in Harrogate just can't be beat--the gorgeous wild flowers on the stray, the almost-neon-yellow rapeseed fields, and of course the spring lambs. Every year the Heartbeat, a charitable organization with which I am involved, sponsors a trip to a farm to bottle-feed the new lambs. I missed it the first year, and last year I couldn't go because pregnant women can't be near lambs. This year I was determined to be there, and I'm so glad I was!




We saw tons of chickens, sheep, cows, rabbits, and of course lambs! We were able to hand-feed the sheep and lambs. Some of the lambs were literally only an hour old.




Zoey wasn't too sure about it all, but she did like the bunnies--especially Betty, who was easily the biggest rabbit I've ever seen.



Just another great day out in Yorkshire!

No comments:

Post a Comment