Monday, November 25, 2013

Zoey Does Dallas

In addition to the amazing Fakesgiving my parents hosted, Zoey also got some quality time with some of mine, and my parents' oldest friends. It was incredible seeing some people I haven't seen since high school. Now, all my friends have kids, and many of my parents' friends have grandkids. I feel so old!

I got to spend some quality time with one of my high school best friends, Lee. Lee and I were inseparable for years. We spent more time at each others houses' than anywhere else. I haven't seen Lee for at least six or seven years, so this was the first time I got to meet his beautiful daughter Charlotte. She took a while to warm up to us, but once she did she was non-stop! I loved her sass. At one point she was doing something that Lee didn't want her to do. She put her fingers over her lips and said, "Shh, daddy. Don't interrupt me while I'm doing something." Ha!


I also caught up with two of my oldest friends: Sarah and Jenny. I've known these girls since we were four. We were the three amigos. We did absolutely everything together, including making up stories and pretending to deliver the news to an audience of our parents. Our most persistent news story involved the Chinese government cutting off the pigtails of little girls. What can I say? We were weird. And now we've all got kids. In fact, Jenny's baking number two!

Elias, Emma, Zahara

Sarah and Elias; Jenny and Emma; me and Zoey

Elias and Emma were adorable. Emma and Zoey became fast friends. I was so proud of Sarah who made a special effort to see us. It was her first time driving alone with Elias, and she did so well!

Zoey: "So a priest and a rabbi walk into a bar."

Rounding out our special trip to Dallas was a fantastic "Sip-and-See" that my parents threw for Zoey. It was a wonderful party where people could sip on wine and see Zoey. Get it? They really went all out with fantastic desserts, decorations and wine. So many people showed up. I felt terrible that Zoey slept or cried most of the party, but what are you going to do? Babies are so unpredictable. At least she's a cute crier :)

"Meet Zahara Jane"

Sleeping Beauty


In addition to the parties and visits, we spent some great quality time with my family. It was so nice seeing my mom, dad and Bradi fall to pieces around Zahara. Watching them read and play with her were really the highlights of the trip. The week went way too quickly. Let's do it again soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment