Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Highlights of the Isle of Skye

Next up on our road trip across Scotland was exploring the Isle of Skye. To be honest, this was the part I was most excited about. Pictures from the island are breathtaking, and my friends who have been there rave about it. I'm happy to report that it did not disappoint.


One tip about exploring the island though--make sure you have plenty of gas. There are not a lot of opportunities to fill up once you're out there. Case in point, we got down to only 33 miles in the tank! I was so nervous, but we made it :)

Practically running on fumes

I wrote about my must-sees on the Isle of Skye on TripWolf.

Top Sights on the Isle of Skye
About a year ago while browsing photos of beautiful travel destinations on Pinterest, I stumbled upon a place that looked like it belonged in a children’s story book. The combination of blues, purples and greens in the Fairy Pools on the Isle of Skye, Scotland looked too good to be true. I marked the location as a future destination and waited for the timing (and weather) to be right. Last week, that time finally came.


Click here to read the full post.

Read about our other stops in Scotland:
Loch Lomand
Kyle of Lochalsh
Inverness and Glasgow

No comments:

Post a Comment