Monday, June 3, 2013

Sweet Tooth Traveler: London

Happy Monday everyone! I'm back over on Tripwolf describing some of my favorite treats from my trip to London. Enjoy!

Sweet Eats in London, England
Millions of tourists flock to London each year to see historical sights such as the British Museum, Tate Modern and the Tower of London. While those sights are great, to get a real feel for the city you need to eat your way through it. My favorite places were Harrods department store, Brick Lane Market and Camden Market. Each stop was very different from the last, but no less delicious. Start with an empty stomach and a full wallet.

Harrods is legendary for its size and opulence. With more than 300 departments and over a million square feet of retail space, you really can buy anything in this store. The food hall is not to be missed. Plenty of delicious savory foods were for sale, but I made a beeline for the sweets. There were cases full of freshly-made pastries, giant meringues, gorgeous petit fours, and oh-so-much chocolate! I splurged on two fresh macarons--a salted caramel and a melon. Though pricey for such small items (each one was £2.80), they were easily the best macarons I've had outside of Paris.


Click here to read the full post.

No comments:

Post a Comment