Thursday, June 13, 2013

Knaresborough Bed Races!

Last weekend Dan and I went to one of my favorite summer happenings: the Knaresborough Bed Race. I wasn't sure if I would feel up to it at 38+ weeks pregnant, but Dan talked me into it. I'm so glad he did! Just like last year, it did not disappoint.


The day comprises two parts: the parade and the race. During the parade, teams show off their creativity using the year's theme--myths and legends. 

Leprechauns

Bermuda Triangle

Robin Hood

The second part of the day is when the teams strip their floats down to the bare minimum and race through town. We moved to a different location to watch the racers struggle through the river to reach the finish line.




Man, it looked hard! Good thing all I had to do was enjoy the sunshine and the gorgeous views.




1 comment:

  1. So cute! loved all the views too.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete