Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I Can Finally Check the Chairs Off My List

Way back in September I brought you my kitchen design dilemma. I still love my purple kitchen chairs, but they don't fit in well with my other cherry wood chairs. Since I have four of the wood chairs and only two of the purple chairs, the purple ones have to go. Don't worry, they won't be gone forever. I'll find another spot for them someday.

Current kitchen chairs

New kitchen chairs

Though it took me months and months, I finally recovered the wooden chairs! Well, two of them at least. I completely underestimated how much fabric I would need for this project--I only had enough for two chairs. Oops! More fabric is on the way, so all four chair should be done soon.



I used the same process I did when I reupholstered the purple chairs. Fortunately the cushions were in excellent condition. I laid out the fabric and wrapped the cushion like a present, making sure the corners were nice and tight. Dan helped me staple the fabric in place. It required all four hands to get it taut.


 


I really love this fabric against the cherry wood chair and the gray table. It even works with our crazy kitchen back-splash. I'm calling this project a success!



No comments:

Post a Comment