Thursday, January 31, 2013

Accidental Wedding Crasher

Today I found myself in a slightly awkward position. I became a wedding crasher.

Just me and the guys, crashing weddings

Dan and I are in Southern England while he attends a business meeting. I am reaping the rewards by staying in a lovely hotel and relaxing. After a nice breakfast, I wandered into the hotel library to get a bit of work done and noticed that everyone was very dressed up. In fact, a few men had flowers pinned to their lapels...hmm...

As I continued to look around, I noticed the guitar player set up in the corner; two little children in adorable matching suits and a man with a very nice camera moving around the room. Yeah...I was in the middle of a wedding.

I had already parked myself on the sofa in the library, which was adjacent to the actual ceremony and reception. As any typical Generation Y'er would do, I posted my dilemma on Facebook. Some of the responses I got are priceless:


In case you can't read them, my favorite pieces of advice were:
  • Act like I know the bride and groom, wish them congrats and go straight to the appetizers
  • Run up to the groom and act like it's his baby I'm carrying
  • Scan the room for Vince Vaughn
  • Stand up and make a toast

In the end, I just stayed where I was and watched the happy couple mingle with their friends. Sadly, there wasn't any free food and I abstained from the champagne, but it was a lovely way to spend a morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment