Thursday, October 11, 2012

Things I Do Not Love: The Darkness

I usually fill these pages with all the amazing things I love about living in England: the beauty, the people, the food, the travel, the quirky festivals, etc. But one thing I absolutely do not love is the darkness. And it's starting again.

The male version of me [source]

We're losing 3 minutes and 52 seconds of daylight today. Today we have 10 hours and 56 minutes of daylight, but by October 31 we'll only have 9 hours and 41 minutes! I know that still sounds like a lot, but think about this: On December 21, the shortest day of the year, we'll only have 7 hours and 49 minutes of daylight. The sun won't rise until 8:03 and will set at 3:54!

Bye, sun. We had a good run. See you next year. [source]

The happy light will do some good, but what's really going to get me through is knowing that lambing season is on the other side.


Do you hate the darkness as much as I do? What gets you through?

1 comment: