Thursday, August 2, 2012

I Live in England

Sometimes it feels like I've been living in England forever and sometimes it feels like I just got here last week. It really hit me that I live here though when I had my second dentist appointment this week. One dentist appointment and you can kind of equate it to just studying abroad, or a really, really long work trip. But having two dentist appointments spaced six months apart...you're a local. 

Is that weird that regular medical check-ups make me feel like this is home? What makes you feel like a local? I'd love to hear!

2 comments:

  1. Starting to understand German when other people speak it. I know it's eavesdropping, but I get really excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Understanding British English is sometimes a struggle. Ha!

      Delete