Friday, July 27, 2012

Birthday Celebration: Part 1 (Sushi Dinner)

This birthday was easily one of my best birthdays yet. Dan completely spoiled me rotten. There were so many components to my birthday celebrations that Dan even made me a schedule to keep everything straight.


Dan gave me this schedule first thing on the morning of my birthday. It definitely got me excited for the week!

You already saw the fantastic breakfast he made and the beautiful fresh flowers he cut from our garden. I couldn't wait to tear into the french toast since I knew he'd spent the previous two days making the brioche from scratch. It was everything I hoped for and more!



The rest of my morning was blissful. I did nothing. I stayed in my pajamas until around 4:30 p.m. I opened some gifts and cards, watched some TrueBlood (I'm only on season 3, so no spoilers, please!), and took a long bath. I also got to talk to several of my sweet friends and family who called to wish me a happy birthday. It was amazing.

Dan came home early to make my birthday cake. He went all out making a delicious yellow cake with fresh strawberries (that I picked!) and nutella, and then covered the cake with marshmallow fondant. I can't believe he made all of this from scratch--even the fondant!

Homemade Union Jack cake

Dan planned a huge gathering of friends for a sushi dinner. As I've lamented before, Harrogate doesn't have any sushi restaurants. Every Tuesday though the Chinese restaurant does sushi. How lucky is it that my birthday fell on a Tuesday?

Sushi in Harrogate

We had a huge turnout for dinner. Almost thirty people came! Dan brought party hats for everyone. So fun!








A big highlight was when we cut the cake and everyone sang happy birthday to me. I loved it!


Dan also brought sparklers for the top of the cake, but the restaurant wouldn't let us light them inside. No problem, we just took the party outside.



It really was such a fantastic day. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Lucky me though, it did get better! Stay tuned for part 2 of the birthday celebrations. Here's a sneak peak:



Catch up on my other birthday celebrations:
Part 2: Spa Day
Part 3: Fancy Dinner

10 comments:

  1. So fabulous!! Sorry we missed it. Well done Dan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing party for an amazing you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a rock star hubby you have! Looks like an awesome party! Happy Birthday again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rand! Any plans for your big birthday??

      Delete
  4. So so fun!! Wish we could have joined for all the fabulous celebrating, but glad I got to talk to you! (P.S. What book are you reading in that last pic?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I'm reading a cheesy action thriller called Devil Colony by James Rollins. It's a quick read and is very entertaining.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a simply perfect birthday! That French toast and cake sound incredible-please send Dan my way at the beginning of September okthanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better yet, why don't you come here? I'll make sure he spoils you rotten too :)

      Delete