Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Wine and Cheese Party


A couple of months ago Dan and I hosted a small wine and cheese party. I found a deal on Groupon for a six-person wine tasting for only £19. It included a guide who comes to your house and samples twelve wines. What a steal!


The party was supposed to be just a casual get-together with friends. You know that's not how I roll though. It's a sickness. We bought four kinds of specialty cheese, plus one round of Camembert that we baked with an onion chutney. We made bruschetta , artichoke dip, beet chutney, and these AMAZING cupcakes. One of the guests also brought hummus and veggies and I set out some fruit and crackers.



This picture does not do it justice; it was delicious!

This party was a great excuse to try out my new chalkboard platter! I love the way it looks, but I did have some issues with chipping. I have to solve that before I use it again.

The wine sampling was really fun. Our guide, Ray, was knowledgeable and interesting. I didn't love any of the wines, but the other two couples did. They ended up buying a ton of wine at really reasonable rates.


It was such a fun evening. I definitely want to have another wine and cheese party soon!

3 comments:

  1. Whatever did inspire you to hold a wine party combined with cheese cupcakes? It's like mixing in the classy mood with a twist of fun. It's a good mixture anyway so good job on creating the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what the evening was...classy with a twist of fun! I didn't make cheese cupcakes though (but that sounds interesting!). They were yellow cake with chocolate chip cookie dough inside. So good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Wine Party Shop is a premier online boutique for wine lovers with chic taste. Find fun wine apparel for your next vineyard visit, gifts for fellow wine friends, or cool accessories for wine fun at home.
    At the Wine Party Shop, sophisticated meets sassy...
    Check back often for new products!
    https://winepartyshop.com/

    ReplyDelete