Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Downton Abbey

I know that I'm late to this party, but let me throw my two cents/pence in and say how amazing Downton Abbey is!  If you don't know what I'm talking about, allow me to enlighten you.  Downton Abbey is a TV show that is set in the 1900s in North Yorkshire, which is where I live.  How awesome is that?

It premiered in the US last year on PBS.  It's been running in the UK for the last couple of years.  I just finished season one, so please don't spoil anything for me!


I love so many of the characters, and love hating others!  Especially Thomas and Mrs. O'Brien.  They're the worst.  Maggie Smith (from Harry Potter fame) is fantastic as the Dowager Countess of Grantham.  She has the best lines of the show, including one where she earnestly asked what a weekend was.  She had never heard the term before.

The story is complex and dramatic, and I love hearing them reference towns near me.   If you haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend you do.  Then come visit me and I'll show you what the real North Yorkshire looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment