Friday, January 13, 2012

Spouses on Sabbatical


You've heard me mention Ladies of Leisure before (here).  Welcome to the new and improved group called Spouses on Sabbatical (S.O.S).  We added several new people, including our friend Nick (hence the name change), and held our inaugural meeting this week.  First order of business was to draft a list of projects that we each hoped to accomplish during our weekly S.O.S. meetings.  Here's my list:
  • makeover a kitchen table
  • finish my pine box
  • make at least two t-shirt pillows (from Brooklyn Limestone)
  • continue learning Russian
  • find/makeover two chairs for the living room bay window
  • find/makeover two nightstands for the guest bedroom
  • find/makeover kitchen table chairs
  • make a light fixture for exercise room (like this)
  • buy/make artwork for above the living room couch (really want this, but they can't ship it here)
  • lean how to use my Panasonic Lumix to take better pictures

It's a pretty lofty list, but I plan on making my way through it.  In fact, I'm almost done with the first item on that list.  More details on that later.

Our first S.O.S. meeting went great.  We made a quick run to HomeBase (like Home Depot) to gather some supplies, and then went back to my house to start our work.  We had a bunch of different projects going, including my table and pine box; Alisha's rocking chair that she's refinishing; and Karen's reindeer stocking hanger mini-makeover.
  
Alisha, Rachel, Nick, Karen and Katie

Karen spray-painting her reindeer

Alisha and Rachel sanding

Katie and Nick sanding

All hands on deck
 What a fun, productive afternoon!  I can't wait until next week when I'll start on my pillows. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love the new name for your group! Lots of projects - looking forward to following their progress! I would like to make a gallery wall, like what you've done. I also want to learn how to make my own picture frames. Goals for 2012...

    ReplyDelete