Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ok, IKEA's Not So Bad

So even though I ranted and raved about my nightmare experience at IKEA this weekend, I do have to say I am very impressed with their delivery team.  I assumed that it would take weeks to get my items, but instead, I got them in two days!  And I would have gotten them the next day if we had dropped off the items for delivery before 5.  That's amazing!

My friend Rachel and I put together the couch yesterday.  Here's how it went down:

I am so happy with the way the couch turned out!  It's the perfect color; it's a really great charcoal-blue...almost like a dark-wash denim.  The shape is perfect; I love that we have a chaise lounge now!  And so far (one day in) it's really comfortable.  I have big plans for the couch's legs though.  I want to copy the Petersiks from Young House Love and spray paint the legs a dark metallic color.

In the meantime, this is one more item checked off my list.  I know I owe you a post about the new house.  I'll get there one day.  I promise :)

1 comment: