Thursday, October 6, 2011

Just Call Me "The Dude"

I'm not quite sure how this happened, but it seems that Dan and I have joined a bowling league.  No one is more surprised than I am.  But I guess this isn't really much different from when Dan and I were on a kickball team  in DC.  Who knew we were so athletic?  Ha!

Anyway, back to the bowling.  It's a monstrous 32-week schedule, so in an effort to not go crazy, the team has split it up.  Dan and I committed to attend around 10 weeks.  It's at Dan's work at 6pm on Wednesdays and consists of three games with four bowlers per lane. 

Our first game was last night.  Two things to bear in mind:  First, I am a terrible bowler.  This is not new knowlege, but I thought I'd pass it on anyway.  Second, three games is two too long.  I enjoyed the first game.  The second game was ok, but I was starting to get tired of it and Dan's fingers started cramping (did I mention we're not athletic?  Ha!).  By the third game I was really ready to be done.  The law of diminishing returns is in full force on this one.

But, it is a fun way to meet new people and see friends, so I guess I'll be sticking with it.  At least we have a good team name: "So Close."  I definitely said that many-a-time last night as I watched my ball bounce into the gutter.  Oh, so close.

P.S. Kudos to those who caught the Big Lebowski reference. 

Our friend/teammate Brandon

Look at those moves...

So close!

1 comment:

  1. Obviously, you get your bowling ability from me. Dad was actually a good bowler in his day (I can't remember which day exactly). Great way to meet and socialize, plus work off the big breaky. Bradi is a good bowler, by the way! (and no bumpers)
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete