Sunday, September 4, 2011

Things I love in England

I will continue to add to this as time goes by, but so far, I'm gathering quite the list of things I love in England.  Here are a couple of quickies:

    Proper Tea
  • Proper tea at Betty's.  I mean, what can I say?  Tea, scones, pastries, finger sandwiches???!!!  Amazing!  And Betty's really does it best.  I'm so lucky to live so close to one.  We'll see how lucky I feel when I weigh myself for the first time.  Seriously though, the tea itself is fantastic here in England.  I'm not sure why it's so good, but Yorkshire tea is just delicious.  I love it black, but I have to say I'm really getting into the idea of putting cream and sugar in too.  You can see why I'm concerned about the first weigh-in, right?


    Big Breaky
  • Yorkshire breakfasts.  What a great start to my day.  I've only had one big breaky (as the Brits call it), but it was delicious.  It includes roasted tomatoes, grilled mushroom, poached eggs, two pieces of toast, baked beans, hash browns and sausage.  I got mine with veggie sausage.  I cannot overstate how delicious this breakfast is.

No comments:

Post a Comment